Impactful Solutions for Common Mistakes to Student Management in Schools with Rob Lans | Season 2: Episode 2
This episode is a continuation of Season 2 Episode 1, where Rob Lans and I dove deep into some of the mistakes we see schools make when it comes to addressing student behaviour challenges. If you missed that one, you’ll want to listen to it before diving into this episode, where we unveil and discuss practical solutions that are realistic and relatively simple to implement.
In this episode, we cover:
- How to ensure you have a systemised approach to student management by crafting a co-created vision for student and classroom management.
- The importance of adopting an approach that embeds empathy, trauma-informed practices and restorative practices
- The value of sharing case studies, experiences and perspectives in order to cultivate empathy and understanding
- How schools can develop creative support systems to ensure that their approach to student and classroom management is a success
- Why it’s vital to ensure follow-through and a systemised communication process
- How a positive behaviour approach can help mitigate a lot of the common mistakes and challenges that come with student management
Links and Resources:
Well-Led Schools Partnership Program: https://adriennehornby.com.au/school-partnerships/
Student Behaviour Pilot Program: adriennehornby.com.au/behaviour-pilot/
Get in contact with us to hear about support options for student behaviour and staff wellbeing:
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honoured that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple Podcasts or on your preferred podcast app, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
Connect with me via:
From the blog
If student academic success and school-wide performance are on a school leader’s agenda, then prioritising staff wellbeing should be a forethought, not an afterthought. There…
Defining and measuring staff wellbeing is a complex task for schools. Our personal interpretation of wellbeing hinges on our unique perspectives, what we value most,…
In order to be effective in the current climate, school leaders must embody a mix of cognitive, psychological, and social skills. Personal attributes such as…
On the back of the past few years impacted by the pandemic, interruptions to student learning, a national shortage of teachers and unmanageable workloads, staff…